Back with another recipe. Don't worry, I'm still putting in lots of garage hours and have a couple cool new projects I will be sharing with you soon.
In the mean time, I thought I would share my favorite soup recipe with you. This is my go-to soup that I always take to a pot-luck, and its always a big hit! Satisfying and easy to make too.
Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe:
2 boiled and shredded chicken breasts
2 Tbs olive oil
1 diced medium sized onion
2 diced roma tomatoes
4 cups chicken broth or stock
1 can of enchilada sauce (10 oz)
2 cups milk
1 tsp taco seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 cup frozen corn
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup pulverized tortilla chips
sour cream, tortilla chips and shredded cheese for garnish (optional)
- Boil 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts till cooked through.
- Allow the chicken to cool, then shred.
- Heat olive oil in large stock pot, over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onion. Cook until the onion starts to sweat.
- Add diced tomatoes.
- Cook until tomatoes are tender.
- Add chicken broth and can of enchilada sauce. Bring to boil.
- Add chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add milk, dried spices and frozen corn. Bring back to boil.
- In food processor, pulverize tortilla chips into a fine powder.
- Add 1/2 cup tortilla chip powder to soup and stir well.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until well incorporated.
- Before serving, garnish with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.
A big bowl of this soup sure hits the spot.