I decided its time for another recipe. If you are interested in checking out my other culinary adventures, click on the "Recipes" tab.
I've made this recipe a couple of times, and its pretty freaking amazing (if I do say so myself). If you follow me on Instagram, you read that I had eaten myself into a pants-popping, food coma last night. A couple of these cookie dough cream brownie sandwiches may have been involved.
You basically make a thin, brownie crust,
Cut out circles,
Make an egg-less cookie dough, fold in unsweetened whipped cream,
and squirt the cream between two layers of brownie.
This is the end result. The brownies are delicious, but the cream....drool. I could eat it right out of the pastry bag.
Chewy, fluffy, and chocolatey all in the same bite.
They are a big hit with kids and adults. I mean, who doesn't like brownies and chocolate chip cookie dough?
Here's the recipe so you can make a batch for yourself:
Cookie Dough Cream Brownie Sandwiches
3 sticks of butter
6 oz high quality semi-sweet chocolate
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Grease a jelly roll or sheet pan. Line with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in microwave or saucepan. Stir together.
- Pour mixture into mixing bowl and mix in sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 mins, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in pan.
- Once cool, pull out with the parchment paper, and use a large, round cookie cutter to cut out circles.
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 bag chocolate chips
- Whip heavy cream until very stiff. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla flour and salt. Mix well.
- Mix in powdered sugar.
- Add whipped cream and fold together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
Place cream in a pastry bag with a very large tip. Squirt a generous amount of cream on one brownie round, and top with another. Sit on couch, unbutton pants, and enjoy! Keep sandwiches in fridge until ready to be eaten.
Let's be friends! Follow along, so you never miss a post
If you like this recipe, check out these other treats:
+ Chicken Enchilada Soup
+ Caramel Cashew Macarons